Thursday, January 30, 2014

Who I am....Who are you

Me, age 2, and my mom

I thought I would take today to take a moment and reintroduce myself.
I am a mother of two and a wife of six years. I have been with my husband for twelve years and though I may have not liked him every day of those twelve years he is my best friend.

Our Wedding Day

I was born and raised in Victoria, BC and I continue to live there now. I love this town and find it hard to find other places that rival its beauty.
A year after I was married I welcomed my first daughter, Isabelle and two years later I had my second daughter, Roslyn.


We are now a family of four with no plans of adding more, busy adding on to our home and trying to survive the insane world of raising a family.


I have been super blessed to be surrounded with amazing people in my life and try to remind myself of that whenever life tries to get me down.
The older I have gotten the more important I have realized family is and having a secure sense of yourself. While trying to build this family I have forgotten bits of myself and I am really trying to discover myself and what makes me happy. They say you have to make yourself happy first to make others happy and I am really trying to live that. It is a bit of a balancing act for me because the concerns of others have always been at the top of my list.
I am trying to use this blog to explore what makes me happy, from family adventures to beauty to cooking. It might seem all over the place but I am hoping to find some stillness in the spinning.


No comments:

Post a Comment