Monday, September 19, 2011

A Good Nights Sleep

What I wouldn't give for a good nights sleep. It has probably been four years since I have slept through the night. I have no idea what it would feel like to sleep for a whole night and wake up in the morning feeling well rested and refreshed. The saddest thing is that I don't think I could even sleep through night even if I wanted to. I would have to sleep train myself! 
Everyone talks about the lack of sleep when you become a parent but it is another thing to live it. It is also hard to conceptualize what it is like or what it does to your brain. 
I might not be a card carrying Mensa member, I am not usually that stupid, but after the birth of both my children I have to wonder about my intelligence sometimes. It has to be a direct reflection of the amount of sleep I get.  There is no way a regular human being should be able to perform the tasks I perform daily with the amount of sleep I get.


Source: etsy via janew via pinterest

I have begun to move my family in the direction of sleeping through the night, some might say I  am a bit obsessed. It is my main priority right now and I am beginning to see some success. Soothers have been taken away and children are sleeping on their own. Last night was actually the most successful sleep I have had in ages and now I am exhausted. Nothing like a good nights sleep to tire you out.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet dreams...sleep is so restorative and never to be under rated,,good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intelligence? Mine is hiding. Or hibernating. I'm not exactly sure. Sometimes I fear that my brain power is actually gone for good. Like I've killed it with some wild drug or alcoholic bender. But no. I've just become a MOTHER :)

    ReplyDelete